Hello everyone. Welcome to the fourth day of the Story Empire Author’s Something Wicked Tour. Today, it gives me great pleasure to welcome my fellow author and friend Joan Hall. Get ready for Something Wicked >>>
Hello, everyone. I’m delighted to be with you on this stop of Story Empire’s Something Wicked Tour. Harmony, thank you for hosting me. Today, I’m going to talk about the danger of keeping deadly secrets.
Imagine you are a sixteen-year-old living with your over-bearing father who is supposed to be an upstanding member of the community.
Kyle Lawrence is a minor character in Unseen Motives the first of the Driscoll Lake Series. As a teenager, he witnesses something that leads him to believe his father might be a murderer. At the least, he knows something about a recent killing and the disappearance of another prominent community member.
But Kyle said nothing. He knew his father wasn’t perfect, but Curtis Lawrence was the only parent Kyle had, having been abandoned by his mother years earlier. He remained silent for twenty years. After all, keeping the secret won’t hurt anyone. Or would it?
- For years, Stephanie Harris believed her father was a killer.
- Rachel Jackson was left without a mother and blamed Robert Harris for the murder.
- Christine Starnes, who later became Kyle’s wife, was estranged from her best friend.
- Kyle’s obsession with the crime affected his marriage.
- A burgeoning teenage romance was destroyed. Both parties later married. One marriage ended in divorce, the other with the untimely death of a spouse.
- Kyle’s daughter later had trust issues and became rebellious after it was revealed he kept secrets.
- A killer went unpunished for two decades.
- And perhaps the worst, the secret lead to another death.
“Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.” ~ Sir Walter Scott
Kyle’s secret is an overlapping arch throughout the series. Although the truth is discovered in the Unseen Motives, you’ll see how it affected different characters in Unknown Reasons and Unclear Purposes.
Curious? Click here to learn more about each book.
Connect with Joan:
Here are the rest of the tour stops for you:
- Craig is hosting Mae, who is talking about the Hopkinsville Goblins.
- Joan is hosting Craig, who sent the fabulous Lisa Burton to talk about music.
- Mae is hosting P.H., who is talking about another chilling encounter with the Bane.
- P.H. is hosting Staci, who is talking about creating a story world.
- Staci is hosting Harmony, who is talking about her dystopian planet, Exxon 1.